Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Spicy Citrus Pork and Veggies

I made this a few days ago and have made other versions, but I like this one best.  I used a 5 lb pork loin and have used other cuts previously.  I actually liked the bone in thick pork chops better in the crock-pot only because I don't have to be so conscious of the cooking time as you do with loin so it doesn't dry out.  Easy and pretty healthy.  I like this one because as a lot of my recipes you can use the leftovers in almost anything.  I am going to take the leftover pork from this and make some brown gravy and mashed potatoes this time, but have used it in casseroles and tacos, etc.  

3-5 lbs pork
1 Tbsp HOT red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 and a half heads broccoli
6 celery hearts
1 green bell pepper
half a bag of sliced carrots
1 sweet yellow onion
1 Cup Sunny D (or orange juice of any kind...I had Orange Pineapple Sunny D on hand)

Rub the pork with at least a tablespoon of chilli powder and a teaspoon of cumin.  I used more, but I like it spicy.  Then place the pork in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Chop all the veggies and pour those on top.  Then pour about a cup of Orange juice on top, cover and cook on low for about 4-7 hrs depending on cut and amount of pork.  I used a ton of veggies because they go fast in this recipe, but its all up to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment