Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Here goes...the first recipe I am posting is my Aunt Jane Watson's.  For me this invokes some great food memories and always will because it has a few of the best food groups, cheese and bacon and is associated with some of the greatest family on the planet.  YUM.  I not so secretly make extra sauce with this one so I can have some of it on egg noodles for leftovers.  My family always pairs this with egg noodles, but go your own way folks.  Enjoy.

Chicken Roma

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope Shake and Bake original chicken
1/4 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 C Mayonaise
4 slices cooked bacon chopped
1/2 green bell pepper chopped

Coat the chicken with shake and bake (put it in the bag and shake like the shake and bake box tells you to).  Bake in a single layer in a shallow baking pan (casserole dish) at 400 degree F for 40 minutes.  Meanwhile combine the cheese, mayo, bacon and pepper.  Spread this mix over the top of the chicken and bake another 15 minutes or broil for 5 minutes.  NOTE...I make extra bunch of the mayo mix and so in order to make it all melt and not burn I cook the chicken for about 30 minutes then top with mix and cook another 15 minutes.  I do not broil it. Also I use more bacon even if I don't make extra mayo mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment