Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Well folks, this is it.  I finally started my own blog.  I wanted to tell you all a little bit about myself and why I am doing this.  For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kate Babb, formally Bagnal.  I have an engineer husband and an autistic son.  I am currently unemployed, of course I believe deeply that "stay at home Mom" is a crazy busy and highly important job in itself.  I have worked in the realms of social work, recreation and education for over 15 years.  Some day I may go back, but for now I am hanging with my little man and have started writing a cookbook.  This cookbook is the reason for starting my blog.  I want to be able to get it all out there little by little while I am organizing and figuring out publishing the actual book.  Besides, in my eyes, food and people are the two things I do best.  Sooooo...My philosophy is as follows

I want my food to make people happy.  I also know that sadly, money helps.  So almost in protest of that idea, I have created a huge list of recipes and pantry basics based on the fact that I have been mostly broke for a LONG time and so are most people at least once in life.  I of course have a dream pantry list too and recipes I can only make when I get birthday money.  I will post those too, I promise.  I believe that some of the best ideas in life and cooking are simple ones.  You ought to be able to feed your family a wonderful meal with or without a lot of money.  Bringing people home to my house for dinner has been a lifelong part of me and I intend to keep it that way.  Teaching others how to do these things for themselves and their families is also highly important.  I truly believe in community and the power of company.

You will notice a few things along the way.  I am highly sarcastic and slightly crazy.  I love who I am and who my family is.  I have lots of crazy stories and really ought to be writing a book about all that too.  I will share stories with you along the way.  The recipes come from all over the place.  There are family recipes, mine and friends families, recipes I have made up along the way, recipes that I have gotten from random places and adapted.  I will try my best to give credit where it is due.  I hope this is a good start.  I will post a recipe hopefully later today.  Please be patient with me also as my son is home on vacation and often makes getting on the computer difficult.  Thanks for all the love guys.  Please pass on the love and a homemade meal to a homeless person.

Enjoy life,
Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment