Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

BBQ Beans

This recipe is one we usually had at family/holiday dinners.  I am not even sure whether to call it a side dish or a main meal.  It originally came from my Aunt Joanne Rudolph.  In my house I add a pound of ground beef to this and make a meal of it with a side of good bread.  Do whatever you like folks.

BBQ Beans


2 (1lb) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce
2 (15oz) cans 3 bean salad, drained
2 (8oz) cans crushed pineapple
2/3 C BBQ sauce (we like Sweet Baby Rays)
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 lb ground beef browned (optional)

Mix all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.  Simmer on low at least 20 minutes.  You can put all this in the crockpot for hours on low too and it will come out the same.  I still suggest browning the beef first though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment