Search This Blog

Monday, November 4, 2013

Coleslaw

Since I posted the pork recipe I figured you'd appreciate the coleslaw to go with it.  So here ya go.  This is my version of what is basically KFC coleslaw.  The big difference is that I choose not to diced the veggies so finely, but feel free if it makes you happy.  Like I said before I like it saucy, so its about the sauce in my eyes.

Veggies
8 cups finely sliced cabbage (about 1 head of cabbage)
1/4 cup shredded carrots 
2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
Sauce/Dressing:
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk (I usually have to powdered stuff on hand, just follow the directions on the back if you have this powdered stuff too, but if you actually have regular buttermilk then by all means use it)
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar (you could use apple cider vinegar too)
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice

Shred and chop all the veggies and toss them in a big bowl.  Mix together all the dressing ingredients in another bowl until it is well mixed and smooth.  Pour the sauce over the veggies and toss it all together.  Refrigerate it for a few hours to let it all meld together.

No comments:

Post a Comment